miércoles, 30 de diciembre de 2015

Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Review

First of all, before I steal you more time, I want to point out what you'll find in this post:

- a brief description about the device.
- the best apps in my opinion (with my unbiased thoughts, obviously, I am not being paid by anyone for making this post)
- some tips and tricks that I find interesting.

I hope you find this helpful. I am not an expert in technology or something, I am interested in writing a detailed review post because before buying this phone I only found the prototypical review (and unboxing post) with the same technical details in each case.
I won't post an unboxing post because there's plenty of them on the internet and I wanted to have the phone for at least a couple of weeks to see how does it work, what apps do I like, etc. and make a more detailed and complete review.



Description
The phone is quite big (144.8 mm x 72.1 mm) and the interesting thing is, that although it has a very good size, it doesn't get uncomfortable when it comes to typing on it, as it happens with other devices such as the "Samsung Galaxy Note(s)".
It has two cameras. The front camera is quite nice. It has a 5mpx camera to make selfies and a really funny effect to make yourself more beautiful, although if you overuse it, you end up looking like an alien. The "main" camera has 8mpx which is great! maybe the picture definition is not really different from my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy S Advance) which has a 5 Mpx camera, but it certainly catches the light and colours in a better way.
The design is quite nice, although the surface seems a very cheap plastic, but I like the fact that mine is not white or black, but dark grey.




Apps
My favourite apps are:
1. TEMPLE RUN 
I love this game! It runs amazingly in this phone. And I love that now it comes with a new scene with snow and a different "monster".

2. DITTY
With this app you can create songs based on a music template such as "hallelujah" and "jingle bells" but you write the lyrics!
3. CCLEANER
By far the app for phone cleaning that has worked the best for me. It works as great as it works on the PC. I had installed CleanMaster in my old phone but actually it made it slower than it already was.
4. MUSIC MAKER JAM
With this app you can create music. Of course, it is not as complex as professional music makers are, but if you do that as a hobby, it is ok.


5. MOOVIT 
This apps helps you to calculate the time the next bus will take to arrive (among other things).
6. ONCE 
The best period tracker in my opinion.

Tips & Tricks
By far, the best thing about this phone, in my humble opinion, is the "ultra power saving mode". I can't show you a snapshot to illustrate this feature, maybe because it consumes energy, I guess. But it limits your phone to the most basic needs you may have. It turns off the wifi, reduces the screen brightness, and it stops showing your wallpaper, among other things, so as to make the battery last longer. For example, with the saving mode, 53% could last for almost 8 days. That's such a great amount of time for a cell phone to stay alive haha.


31 comentarios:

  1. Nice Review Dear!

    New Post: http://www.thepositivewindow.com/2015/12/indo-western-style-fusion.html

    ResponderEliminar
  2. amazing review!
    Happy Holidays <3
    http://stargazershia.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Nice apps, dear! I also loooove Temple Run!
    Hugs & Kisses
    LIANA LAURIE

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Beautiful images :)

    http://shizasblog.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  5. happy new year;)xoxo

    http://glampond.blogspot.it

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Great Pics! Happy New Year!
    -Morgna x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi sweetie
    Thanks for stopping by
    I follow you now on GFC, G+ and I liked your page on FB.
    Hope you'll do the same thing in return :)

    Happy holidays
    Kisses
    x Isabelle | Outfit Van De Dag
    Facebook Page *Click*

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Happy New Year! ^^

    Would you like to support each other by follow on GFC & G+?
    If you follow me, I’ll follow back after it.
    http://mirandabeautyworld.blogspot.ru/

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Great post Happy New Year <3 See my post http://doroty4.blogspot.hr/2016/01/novogodisnji-outfit.html

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Great post! Temple Run is a my favorite game. :)
    Happy New Year, Isabella xx

    http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I have been faithful to my iPhone all these years, maybe I am missing out.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ResponderEliminar
  12. This is an amazing review! I love Samsung, their phones are great.
    Btw thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog! Of course I'd love it if we follow each other. I just started following you via GFC and Bloglovin! :)
    Happy new year!

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Great post It would be nice if we followed each others blogs let me know when you do and I'll return.

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Happy New Year!! Wish you and your loved ones all the best!
    Thanks for the support, I deeply appreciate it!!
    MyLyfeMyStory

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Great review, the phone looks amazing, and I also play temple run <3

    Capturing Life Memoirs | bloglovin' | Instagram

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Happy New Year

    Great Post. Lovely Blog. Really loving your blog.
    Keep in touch, Will feel proud to see you on my blog. xxx
    beautydrugs.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Great review - very detailed and well written!
    - I now follow you on both GFC and Bloglovin.

    Wish you a Happy New Year :-)
    Hugs www.blogbysine.blogspot.com <3

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Looks wonderful. Thanks for this review.
    Happy 2016!!!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Hi sweetie, I really enjoyed reading your comment on my last post!
    That's so nice of you! Thanks alot, I'm really flattered. It's always refreshing to try something new with your hair, so let me know what your plans are 'cause I'm curious ;) Also a big thanks to you for your support.
    Let's stay in touch, hope you have a great sunday too!
    Kisses
    x Isabelle | Outfit Van De Dag
    Facebook Page *Click*

    ResponderEliminar
  20. Great post and wonderful blog! :)

    Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs :

    http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2016/01/teenwolfwiki-part-8.html
    http://living-like-v.blogspot.com/

    And let me know that you are following me in the comments of my newest post so I could follow you back to become Blogger Friends!

    Kisses

    ResponderEliminar
  21. Great review!
    You have a lovely blog! Let me know if you'd like us to follow eachother on GFC and keep in touch?
    AS-Agne

    ResponderEliminar
  22. great post :D

    http://alafolie-toinsanity.blogspot.hr/

    ResponderEliminar
  23. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. And of course, we can follow each other. I am following you now and waiting for you. Let me know sweetie. :)

    Simona | liveinfoxworld.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  24. It looks like my Samsung s4 ^-^
    Happy 2016 darling!
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ResponderEliminar
  25. Personally I'm huge fan of Samsung's smarthphones too, this one looks interesting, great reveiw, dear :)

    Hope you've started great beginning of New Year, dear :)
    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  26. I also want this phone! Is very sweet :3


    No sweat, no problem :) I would recommend for the future ;) (I remain at your [future] service) :D

    ResponderEliminar
  27. I like the last picture, music can replace everything.
    http://www.cosplaypark.com/

    ResponderEliminar

Hello! Thank you for reading! I really appreciate that you take the time to comment and let me your blog URL to check it out.
I think it is nice to support each other, so if you want to follow me and want me to follow back just let me know in the comments! <3